With respect to the need for our community to observe social distancing and minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19, we initially closed our doors March 27th to in-person physiotherapy services, and implemented a plan for Tele-rehabilitation services. This is a method of virtual care, also known as Telehealth or Teletherapy, allowing our valued clients to connect with their physiotherapist from the safety of their own home using teleconferencing technology. We’ve had much success supporting our valued clients through tele-rehabilitation since April 6th, and as of May 4th, we have transitioned to a hybrid model of care. This includes a combination of in-person physio and tele-rehabilitation based on client screening, prioritization and appropriateness. Massage therapy appointments available starting June 15th. You are welcome to contact us for an appointment.
We are committed to keeping our valued clients and staff safe through the following methods in our clinic:
- Waiting room capacity reduced, with visits by appointment only. Staff and clients to wear masks and adhere to social distancing recommendations
- Facilitating the completion of paperwork & intake forms that can be completed before (rather than during) appointments
- Reducing therapists’ client caseloads to 50% of normal (or less)
- Physical distancing: Signs are posted in our clinic requiring physical distancing of at least 2 metres from other patients, our clinic configuration has been changed to increase physical distancing between clients
- Non-contact thermometers and COVID-19 screening questionnaires are done daily for all staff and clients
- Personal Protective Equipment: A cough screen has been installed at our reception desk, continuous masking by all clients, as well as staff involved in patient care, the use of gloves and face shields by staff when appropriate
- Diligent Hygienic and Cleaning Practices: All staff and patients are required to use hand sanitizer/wash hands upon entering the clinic as well as before and after using treatment/exercise equipment. Therapists continue to wash hands frequently, with extra diligence. Exercise equipment is sanitized between each use. Our cleaning staff regularly wipe down all points of contact between clients and therapists in our clinic with an AHS-recommended disinfectant solution.
Our massage therapy services are resuming on June 15th, following the Alberta provincial strategy for re-opening, as directed by the Chief Medical Officer of Health.
We are closely following developments and health authority recommendations regarding the global COVID-19 pandemic. We are acutely aware of our responsibility to minimize the risk to our clients and employees and we are following guidelines set by the Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services (https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page16947.aspx).
For more information on coverage and funding for physiotherapy, including physiotherapy through tele-rehab, check out our Announcement Page.