Who Will Pay For My Treatments? And Other Frequently Asked Questions:
We have compiled a list of the most commonly asked questions in our clinic. Most of these questions relate to funding of physiotherapy treatment. It can seem a bit complicated at first so if you need more answers please don’t hesitate to call us. We would love to help.
We accept Alberta Health (AHS), motor vehicle accident insurance, extended health benefit plans, Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB), Veterans Affairs, as well as private pay with credit and debit cards or cash.
You need to fill out an accident report at work and your doctor needs to fill out a WCB report within 2 weeks of the accident. Our clinic is linked with WCB and we will also need to fill out an assessment form that will be submitted electronically.Book ann assessment with us as soon as possible in order to facilitate your claim process as well as to maximize your recovery.
You need to submit your AB-1 form (provide a link to the form here) and submit it to your car insurance company within 10 business days from the date of the accident. If you need help filling out this form or you are beyond this 10-day‘ window’ we would be happy to help you with this. Please contact us and we can assist you further on this as well as booking you in for a physiotherapy assessment as soon as possible to maximize your recovery. It would be most helpful if you are prepared when you call us with details of your insurance provider and policy number, the date of the accident, and if applicable the name of your adjustor and claim number.
Your extended health benefits plan will likely cover physiotherapy, massage and acupuncture. Typically these plans cover 75%-100% of the total cost of treatment. If your plan covers dental work in all likelihood you will also have coverage for physiotherapy services. Call our front desk and our receptionists can usually check on your coverage details.
Tawa Physical Therapy does direct billing for many extended health benefit plans and the list is growing daily. However, each specific plan is unique and we must check directly with your provider by phone or through our internet billing software to check on your specific plan. Some plans cover physiotherapy treatment but have the patient pay directly and submit receipts to the insurance company for reimbursement. Please call us if you need assistance determining your specific billing scenario.
No you may come in directly for treatment. However, some insurance providers will require a doctor’s prescription in order to pay for the treatments.
To book an appointment with us you can either call us directly at 780-450-0720 or you can book online directly
We can often book you an appointment on the same day or the next business day.
- On your first visit, you will be required to complete our intake forms. It is a good idea to arrive at the clinic 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to complete this paperwork.
- You will be assessed by the therapist in order to determine the most appropriate and effective treatment approach.
- On your first physiotherapy treatment day, expect to be in the clinic for at least 1 hour. You will likely be given a variety of treatments such as hot packs, electrical stimulation, or ice, depending on your specific diagnosis. Your therapist will typically guide you through some specific exercises that should be done in the clinic as well as at home.
- It is normal to feel some symptom aggravation after the first treatment as part of the assessment process as well as starting new exercises. Don’t let this scare you off. Give your therapist constant feedback on how you are responding to the treatments.
It is important that you give us advance notice of any cancellations of your appointments. This gives other patients a chance that may be on a waiting list a chance to fill your spot.
- Physiotherapy patients: 4 hours notice required
- Massage therapy patients: 24 hours notice required